THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Steve the Fish



Long time ago,
There lived a fish named Fred,
Made of many colors,
Yellow, blue and red.
He swam through the ocean,
Swimming wild and free,
Away from the fishermen,
They wanted him you see
.


Well Freds great grand son is Steve, Steve the Fish. He is red and yellow and blue and runs on 2 AA batteries. And Steve came to scuba diving on Sunday. He swam with us for 3 hours before he got really tired and slowed down a lot. It was our classes first encounter with tropical fish and in the pool we were guaranteed great visability.


The instructors had to rescue him from the filter, twice, he wasn't paying attention and got sucked in.


How sad is it that by the end of the afternoon 8 adults were yelling "Steve! get away from there!" "hold on, let Steve through" "can he go deeper?" "Steve! Look out! Do you think he's hurt? " "Can I pet him?"


And none of this seemed odd to them.


Steve later spent the afternoon in the pool at my house while Christopher and I checked out my equipment for my....... OCEAN DIVE.


I have pictures of Steve and some of the other scuba learners at the dive shop pool and pictures of Steve and me in our pool. You will have to wait for them because the camera is not done yet. Anyway, going diving in the ocean and I have the tank and all the divey stuff and everything.


Christopher stood on the scale and held eveything cause we couldn't pile it all on and get it to stay and I couldn't hold it all (do we see a story coming? Oh yea)


Anyway, all the gear weighed 78 lbs this included the wetsuit (remember that puppy?) mask/fins/etc, snorkel, booties, hood and gloves (yes they came in) 26 lbs of lead weights, BCD with attached waterproof flashlight and waterproof knife and waterproof alligator whistle, regulator , gauges and computer and air tank.


I cannot bench press a volkeswagon and I cannot carry 78 lbs. This is not good. I have to be at Gull Island in Pt Pleasant at 7AM tomarrow. I will start to putting on my wetsuit now.