THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

How I Got Started


Guess what I got for my birthday?
Scuba diving lessons. I told Dennis I would forego the Harley for scuba diving lessons. (I lied)

We went and met the instructor and bought my BCD and my own regulator (with octopus and 3 dial gauges and pro kit (he can tell I will be good at it already) that has retractable lines to hold my "stuff" and flashlight and knife (he is giving me a dull blade cause Dennis doesn't think I should have sharp objects).

I have a wet suit and I still have to get a mask, fins, booties, hood and snorkel. I will get the tank for Christmas and will have to rent until then. (We'll see) (NOT) I will also need weights cause apparently poopie floats so I will be too light to get to the bottom. I apparently cannot just put rocks in my pockets. And I bought a BCD (thats dive talk allthough I think it stands for Beautifully Coordinated Details) that has lots of pockets just for that reason.

They said you dont have to be coordinated to dive. I still am taking no chances. I will go with a black BCD with blue braiding touches on the shoulder straps. A black wet suit, hood and booties and bring my color in in the snorkel and possibly mask and fins. I haven't decided to stick with the blue theme or go Blue and yellow or blue and pink. Coordination couldn't hurt. I have towels and a carry bag to match all the combos.

I start June 11 so all of you coming for 4th of July can come and watch that Sunday. I know I will impress you with my diviness expertise.

By July 22 I will be certified to swim in my pool and even deeper water! Can you imagine how I will entertain you at this summers bar-b-ques!

After that I will have something to do in Florida during the summer, when I am not snowboarding. In the winter I will miss Dennis, although we will be there in January and February next year arguing over buying property there. I can dive in between arguments.

There is a dive club on the island where we rented. I dont think I will be diving where there are alligators but I will have my retractable knife just in case. I am pretty sure it is waterproof and that is why I paid extra for it.
Life is about to get a lot more interesting.

Love

Cheryl
PADI CERT (thats dive talk)