THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Dutch Springs


Dutch Springs
First off, I found my sock from last week. Don’t ask. Then................

I came soooooo close to getting there at 8AM really I did. Someone overslept and Someone set their alarm for PM instead of AM. So maybe it was a joint effort. But did still manage to suit up with Amphibian, Banjoman and Mark O.


Again working on the trim and buoyancy thing at Dutch. The sun was shining and the water has warmed up nicely to 43 F.


First dive a weighting dive. Dropped another 8 lbs and took it for a test spin. Unfortunately Amphibian had a free flow problem and Banjoman had some equipment problems himself. They adjusted and went to the platform to further work things out and Mark and I took a spin around the block.

There was great viz (about 30 ft) and we visited a few sites before turning back and walking the LOOOOONNNGGG way back to the gear table, up hill both ways, just ask Mark.

On the SI we filled some tanks, grabbed some lunch, walked down to the student side to look for PIR8 and RJP and NJTony (didn’t find any of them) and then hotly debated the yellow koi golden trout speckled golden rainbow trout we saw. And it did get hot, great day up there registering in the upper 70’s by our second dive.

Speaking of which.......... we lost Amphibian to some family obligations and the rest of us took off for the helicopter. Never did get there. But did get to the bus, boat and plane and then back again.

Must have gotten over confident with my buoyancy skills or delirious with my trim but ended up at the surface again, much to Marks disappointment. This was different than last week as I never felt the ascent until I was just about there. Some tweaking of that is in order.