THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Important Notice Regarding Aquaseal

OK, its been a while and this isnt a trip report, but important information none the less.
I moved to a new house (bummer) but it has a "dive room" (sweet!). Genuine diving work space and I decided to take advantage of it.
Upon examining my drysuit, I discovered a hole in the wrist seal just "slightly" smaller than a legal lobster. Ok maybe "somewhat" smaller, but definately the reason I got drenched last time I used my suit.
With the intention of repairing this before the winter dive season arrives I took my suit to the shop and it was suggested that I try to Aquaseal the hole until they could do the repair.
Hmmmmm....Cheryl and aquaseal....I have never been left alone with the stuff before...and some say for good reason.....but there is no way I can glue my drysuit to my forehead .....I am sure of it.....so I am giving it a try.
I will not ask how to remove aquaseal from a table, or carpet or if the plastic knife will ever come off of my washing machine.....unless you want to tell me anyway.
This is a learning experience. I learned these things.
1. Aquaseal is sticky.
2. No matter how sticky aquaseal is, the patch will fall off.
3. The patch will fall off and land sticky side down on the carpet.
4. If you use your soft weights to hold the patch in place they will stick to your wrist seal
5. It is difficult but not impossible to remove a 2lb soft weight from your wrist seal
6. Place...dont toss your aquaseal covered plastic knife in the trash
7. Store your unused tube of aquaseal in the freezer....really
8. Aquaseal makes bagels stick to your fingers long after you wash your hands.
9. Impatient people with a short attention span should not use this stuff
Now we will have to see if the patch holds! Take me diving guys.