THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Dutch Springs

Guess Where I Was
I wasn’t going to write a trip report but Nick requested one to keep him up to date and I have to tell you about Frank, he is sooo bad.
It was a gorgeous day to be out diving............... Diving Anywhere.
Given my options, Dutch Springs would not have been my first choice this week, but after the day is said and done........I have no complaints.
I arrived at Dutch this morning under warm clear skies. Frank was already there as were Bill B., newly released from his surgery, and Cindy, a usually warm water diver giving today a try .
The 4 of us joined forces and set out for our first dive. Bill innocently set out the dive plan, not knowing of my navigational challenges from my last dives at Dutch. To the platforms, 180 degrees, to the bus, then on to the helicopter and home again. Frank, ever helpful, immediately suggested everyone follow me. Nice.
Cooler heads prevailed and someone else led the way and we had a wonderfully relaxing dive out to the helicopter and back despite the water temps still being in the 45-47 degree range.
Jack (Sprat man) had arrived just as we were entering the water and he was entering the water for his maiden dive on his new dry suit just as we exited. Turns out he did quite well with it and will be returning for several more practice runs. Good luck with that Jack.
Our second dive was to be a tour. Frank was emitting hellatious vibes regarding the speed with which I donned my fins, I didn’t need to be a mind reader to get their gist. He forgets very quickly my trials and tribulations with these just a few short weeks ago.
Anyway.....We are going out to the trolley, though the trees, to the hole, back over the road, past the airplane, around the island, through the redneck backyard, over the boat, across the platforms and home again. Frank led the way and his navigation was flawless. The sight of the forest of trees in 70 feet of clear water and swimming through them, over and around the branches was kind of like a surreal sort of flying. Really cool. This is another spot I had never seen before and I was not disappointed. Another tremendous dive. The viability is amazing, it is hard to imagine taking the same dive during the July and August algae bloom and seeing half the sights. Another outstanding dive, interesting, relaxing and fun.
A few more of the fishie friends are coming out and they hung with us during our safety stops. These guys are starting to get quite large and definitely have no fear.
When we got in we discovered Nick and Ann had arrived and set up camp. They and Frank are spending the night, with Nick and Frank planning on a night dive and then diving again tomorrow. Always a fun time to stop and chat with this crew and in accordance with Nicks recommendation, I will not mention the conversation regarding the Irish.
On my way out of the compound I stopped on the student side to chat for a few minutes with Pir8 before heading on home.
All in all a decent day of diving